Working hard to lock myself out of my system

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Oct 14 10:37:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 05:51:15PM +0800, Frederic Muller wrote:

> So this might give you an insight: I just did an install from RC4 and my
> user was in the sudo group. Then a yum update and tada: no more. I mean
> using sudo just tells me my user is not in the sudo group.

This is a known bug in glibc, which will, hopefully, be fixed quickly.
Otherwise, you can downgrade glibc.  Not sure about the bugzilla number,
it's mentioned on Fedora Forums in the F16 section.

> I'll check if there is a bug filed for the sudo group thingy and for the
> power off option... well we all know about it so I will just pray while
> burning 2/3 Windows installed PCs as a worthy sacrifice ;-)

The bug (as well as several duplicates) has been filed.  Apparently the
glibc upgrade broke groups.  This also broke sound for me as I was no
longer in the audio group.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: You're considered somewhat cool.
Oz: I am?
Xander: Is it because you always tend to express yourself in
short, non-commital sentences?
Oz: Could be.