Release Criteria Proposal: Xen DomU

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Oct 14 21:08:11 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 13:24 -0600, Tim Flink wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:18:39 -0600
> Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > My intention was to include issues with DomU running locally (with an
> > already functional Fedora Dom0) or on a Xen based cloud provider. My
> > implicit assumption was that Dom0 would already be working but since
> > F16 is the first supported Dom0 since F8, that could be problematic.
> > For F17 and later, I imagine that we could just say that it needs to
> > run with a previous release as Dom0.
>
> How about:
>   - The release must boot successfully as Xen DomU with releases
>     providing a functional, supported Xen Dom0 and cloud providers
>     utilizing Xen. This does not include any issues limited to the
>     release functioning as Xen Dom0.

At today's blocker review meeting, taking into account all the feedback
from this thread and the devel list thread, we accepted the following
text as a Final release criterion:

"The release must boot successfully as Xen DomU with releases providing
a functional, supported Xen Dom0 and widely used cloud providers
utilizing Xen. This does not include any issues limited to the release
functioning as Xen Dom0"

I will add it to the 16 and 17 pages shortly.