[Test-Announce] Fedora 16 Final Test Compose 1 (TC1) Available Now!

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 15 14:05:22 UTC 2011

Frederic Muller <fred <at> cm17.com> writes:

> Thanks a lot. I was actually wondering. Seems the link has been updated
> or I just clicked wrongly. Downloading now.

It can take around an hour after the new install ISOs are available to generate
the disos. I post the announcement as soon as the releng ticket (
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/4951 in this case) indicates that the
ISOs are available, so the disos may not be available yet. In this case there
was indeed over an hour's delay. My diso script runs both makedeltaiso and then
applydeltaiso to make sure the disos rebuild properly, so that accounts for up
to a factor of 2 in the time. I think it's worth it, since for 15 Alpha TC2
there was a bug preventing the disos from working, and I caught it through
checking (the bug was fixed quickly by M. A. Young and working disos were posted
a few days later).

The directory listing in http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/deltaisos/ is
mostly alphabetical except that unfortunately TC comes after RC. You can click
on "Last modified" at the top to sort them accordingly.