F16 upgrades specifically emails

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Sat Oct 15 17:19:44 UTC 2011

OK, think have problem.  Upgraded server box (emails, file storage type
stuff) to F16 via yum.  Everything seems to be ok, so far.

Now, I use email via evolution and imap to my lil server.  It was
working ok to receive/send via when it was on F15 earlier this morning
before upgrading.  Now I can send an email (as you are reading this,
which would be good), but no emails are showing up to my username or now
transferring or something.  I normally see them go to my inbox but I
also have filters and they go to their respective folders.  But I don't
see the emails going to any of my folders.

Now, what could somehow be related, is I changed my username ID's from
500-1000 few days ago and it all seemed to work before the upgrade
today.  Sendmail and dovecot both seem to be running and start with no
errors.

All of a sudden a permission or something is wrong?  Or a service I
can't think of also needs to be running now?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"