Sudo not working

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Tue Oct 18 16:01:36 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 11:51 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.net> wrote:
> > Currently neither of the 2 boxes I have F16 on, will allow me to use
> > sudo.
> >
> > [mike at scooby ~]$ sudo yum update
> > [sudo] password for mike:
> > mike is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
> >

> > [sudo] password for mike:
> > mike is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
> >
> > Yes I have /etc/sudoers file uncommented for the %wheel group.
>
> There was a glibc update that caused secondary groups to be ignored.
> I don't remember if that is fixed or not yet.

Is this the fix?

 Mon Oct 17 2011 Andreas Schwab <schwab at redhat.com> - 2.14.90-12
- Update from master
  - Correctly handle missing initgroups database (#745675)
  - Optimize many libm functions
  - Optimize access to isXYZ and toXYZ tables
  - Optimized memcmp and wmemcmp for x86-64 and x86-32
  - Add parameter annotation to modf (BZ#13268)
  - Support optimized isXXX functions in C++ code
  - Check for zero size in memrchr for x86_64 (#745739)
  - Optimized memchr, memrchr, rawmemchr for x86-32

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"