/ must be on a partition or LV that will be formatted. Reusing an existing / is not allowed.

David Lehman dlehman at redhat.com
Tue Oct 18 16:17:35 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 12:01 -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:
>
> > So does anaconda expose the full set of mkfs options, since you are now
> > artificially restricting running mkfs in %pre?
>
> Since apparently this change doesn't affect ks installs, I'm fine with
> it - it makes a ton of sense.  It would be interesting to know what
> particular options you use that aren't exposed by anaconda in ks, but
> somewhat irrelevant.

I will be fixing kickstart when I get the chance to make this
requirement consistent. If your root filesystem is ext[234], see 'man
mke2fs.conf' and create yourself a profile in %pre which you can then
specify when defining your root filesystem (--fsprofile). If your
filesystem does not support such mechanisms, petition for similar
functionality. Anaconda has no plans to support user-specified arbitrary
mkfs options at this time.

Dave