/ must be on a partition or LV that will be formatted. Reusing an existing / is not allowed.

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Tue Oct 18 17:13:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 12:32:10PM -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:

> What I am saying here is that the amount of work required to support
> this outweighs the benefit.

Well, no, not really.  The only additional thing which is really now
needed is an option "Yes, I know what I am doing even if this is
possibly pigheaded and unsupported" which would allow to turn off
this new restriction.  You will not have that way any "accidents".

An old lesson that banning stupid things also prevents doing smart
things seems to be getting more and more forgotten.

   Michal