Grub -> grub2?

Martin Airs martin at airs.me.uk
Wed Oct 19 17:06:55 UTC 2011

On Sunday 16 Oct 2011 16:44:29 David wrote:

> Thank you. That is where I had expected it to go.

Hi David, quick update...

I don't know if you've noticed but with that vga=0x305 on that linux line, I
get a message at boot time telling me that its depreciated and to use 'set
gfxpayload=1024x768x8,1024x768' instead

so I did just that, remove the vga=0x305 and then just above that there is
already a line saying 'set gfxpayload=keep', I changed the 'keep' to
'1024x768x8,1024x768' and it boots now with the right resolution and no
depreciated message at boot.

Martin