repo=hd: question

Hongqing Yang hoyang at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 02:06:39 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----

Hi, Chuck,

Since this is still no F16 release documents, so maybe the old release not
does not work.

There two way to install from hard drive. First upload the iso to the hard
drive, such as /dev/sda2, then you can pass kernel arguments  repo=hd:sda2:/path
or askmethod, the latter will promote a dialogue box ask you to choose URL, NFS,
Hard Drive etc.
You much make sure you do not use sda2 during the installation, otherwise, the sda2
will be formatted, and the iso on it will be lost.

Hongqing