bash filename completion buggy in F16?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 09:13:42 UTC 2011

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 14:52:06 -0600, EB (Eric) wrote:

> Meanwhile, feel free to file a bug report against bash-completion that
> it is not doing the right smart completions on firefox.  After all,
> bash-completion is an active project that is improving smart completions
> according to the bug reports it gets.

Note that lots of *.bash files in /etc/bash_completion.d belong to other
packages. Such as

  $ rpm -qf /etc/bash_completion.d/yum-utils.bash
  yum-utils-1.1.31-2.fc16.noarch

which IMO messes up completion for commands like yum-builddep. Previously,
with a foo*src.rpm file in the local dir, one could simply type:

  yum-builddep f<TAB><TAB>

With yum-utils bash completion, that no longer works. It now by default
runs repoquery to retrieve hundreds of f*.<ARCH> package names found in
the repos and completely hides the local src.rpm file from me.

That it is like that in F-16 could mean that nobody else uses yum-builddep
like me or that I am alone with how I use yum-builddep.

--
Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.1.0-0.rc9.git0.0.fc16.x86_64
loadavg: 0.20 0.17 0.16