/dev messed up in rawhide

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Oct 21 23:50:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 18:26:47 -0500,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> I hadn't rebooted in a few days, so I am not sure where this got broken.
> A number of /dev entries are group owner by lego that shouldn't be.
> Also a number have the wrong mode. For example /dev/null isn't accessible
> by everyone, /dev/randon and /dev/urandom are not readable by everyone.
>
> The X startup is hanging, probably because of this.
>
> Anyone got any ideas which component is responsible for this?

Removing nqc and nxt_python fixed the immediate problem. (They owned the
only udev rules files that referred to lego.) However those packages
hadn't been updated since last February. udev was updated today, so
there was likely some change there (maybe dropping a depreciated feature
or syntax) that made as least one of the above cause problems.

I'll file a bug against udev since they are more likely to understand the
issue.