F16 with current updates from testing - resume does not work anymore

Lars Seipel lars.seipel at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 22 00:39:41 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, October 18, 2011 06:59:26 PM Christian Menzel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After installing the F16 beta, suspend/resume did work on my Thinkpad X220.
>
> Now after some updates the system won't resume anymore but just blink with
> all its LEDs including ThinkLight.

My suspend issues disappeared when I updated to the latest firmware version
(1.22 iirc) available from Lenovo.

Be aware that you have to use EFI to boot Fedora. The latest firmware
revisions (at least, don't know about the former versions) make bogus
assumptions that you never want to boot from a GPT-partitioned disk while
using BIOS compatibility mode. It just won't try booting from a GPT disk, you
have to use UEFI.