Fdora 16 beta log me out random

Pete Travis me at petetravis.com
Sat Oct 22 16:35:44 UTC 2011

I don't think SELinux has any bearing on the driver's ability to properly
work with switchable graphics.  Suggesting the OP turn it off is akin to
suggesting a user run a segfaulting program as root.  It addresses a problem
that may not be relevant, and does so with complete overkill.

IIRC, Linux in general does not play nice with software switchable graphics.
Unless there is a physical mechanism to switch between GPUs, you may be
SOL.  I will offer the off-the-cuff suggestion of explicitly defining your
desired GPU and it's PCI bus id in xorg.conf.

Here's some reading, for your reference :

http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/Optimus

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-display-ia32-270.41.06-driver.html.
(additional info tab)