[orca-list] BEWARE: Fedora 15 & 16 Unusable for the Speech Dependent Orca User

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Oct 27 04:55:24 UTC 2011

Hi, Jason:

Jason White writes:
> Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net> wrote:
>
> > Issuing the following command as root works as expected.  Issuing this
> > command as an ordinary user hangs until a Ctrl-C.
>
> Perhaps it would be a good idea to run these commands with strace, capture the
> output and add it to the bug report.

Already done. Also, I've verified that selinux isn't the problem, and
I've provided ls -lZ and ls -ldZ output for ~/.speech-dispatcher
inasmuch as the strace seemed to suggest the problem was a "connection
refused" accessing the socket in that directory.

I'm pleased to report I have had good followup from Red Hat this
evening, so I'm hopeful. But, no solution yet.

Janina