64bit FC14 can't input password when login

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 16:08:32 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Chen Gang-Cuble <fouryu at sina.com.cn> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> After the last update, my 64bit FC14 can't login when start the graphic
> mode. In the login screen, there was a GOK Keyboard started, and the
> right half of the screen is totally black, which like a amplifier. After
> I choose the account, no matter the GOK Keyboard or my real key board
> can't input the password. No react to the keyboard at all.
>
> I tried to start the terminal, and removed the gok. After that, when
> going to the login screen, the GOK Keyboard will not start, but the
> amplifier still there make the right half black, when move the mouse,
> part of the contents will be zoom up on that part. Password still can't
> be input.
>
> Is there anyone knows the problem? Or how can I remove this amplifier
> and fix this graphic startup problem? Thank you!

First, this is the test list, and as Fedora 14 is oldest supported
release, questions should go to the regular user list.

To answer your question, Slow Keys probably got enabled[1]. I had that
happen to me once. Click the accessibility icon while in GDM and turn
it off.

Richard

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm/+bug/758335