evolution-data-server update is breaking some things in rawhide

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 10:18:56 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> I went through everything that was still using the older evolution-data-server
> in rawhide and tried to rebuild them, but a fair amount didn't successfully
> rebuild. Most of these seem to be because of changes due to e-d-s. (I think
> I saw one case where it was probably something else.)

Looking at the evolution mailing list it looks like there's going to
be another round of breakage in 3.3.2 as well. It would be nice if the
evolution developers would give us some form of heads up. It seems
every devel release for the last couple of cycles breaks packages
dependant on evo. Not that its totally bad as the evo improvements
over the last 3-4 cycles have been massive.

Peter