lldpad consuming up to 65% of cpu

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Sep 2 17:00:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 10:27 -0600, Peter Gueckel wrote:
> what is this lldpad daemonand why does it run
> continually for days on end without ever
> terminating and consume up to 65% of my
> laptop's cpu?

You probably don't need it; it's for enterprise stuff. fcoe-utils seems
to have grown a dependency on it, which is why it's being pulled into
people's systems lately. On my system, anaconda is the only thing that
requires fcoe-utils, so if you have anaconda installed, you can probably
just remove it, remove fcoe-utils and lldpad, and be happy.

It's probably a bug that it's thrashing resources on systems where it
can't *do* anything useful, though.