F16 slowness

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Mon Sep 5 16:55:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 10:41 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> Hmm I can't replicate on my system..  so lets see if we can figure this out
>
> 1) Does this happen in a non-X environment?

Hadn't tried that, will on next install.

> 2) Does anything occur in dmesg, /var/log/messages or .xsession-errors

Didn't check those, was pain in the putt trying to work through it when
it kept pausing like it did.  Will check those as well when do next
install and see what it shows.

> 3) Which image exactly do I need to download to try and replicate.

and d/l'd Fedora-16-Nightly-20110904.10-x86_64-Live-desktop.iso and
burnt to DVD.  Once it finally showed the desktop (gdm problems that
already known I think?), did the install to harddrive.

Oh yea, ran it with selinux disabled just to be sure.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"