F16 slowness

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Mon Sep 5 19:54:44 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 13:32 -0400, Andy Lawrence wrote:

> Something is going on with gnome-shell.  Mine progressively goes form
> normal to 50% CPU, over a few hours.  End result is a fairly choppy
> desktop until reloaded (ALT+F2; r).  No interesting output in dmesg or
> messages.

Might be that or along those lines, or some underlining issue that
causes it, as stated before, kde has slowness issues as well.  Maybe
it's glibc that is having some issues and/or along with newer kernels
along with debug turned on, with those combinations might be causing it
all.

But if others aren't having any slowness issues, then maybe it's
something else that we all have the same issue with. Video (mine is
radeon hd 4350) or something?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY