Compatibility Issue with Intel Centrino Wireless N 1000

Anoop Kammaran anoopkam at live.com
Tue Sep 6 07:50:07 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I just got a new Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E420. I first tried installing from
the GNOME live cd. However, I found that I cannot enable the Wireless
Networking. It keeps saying that its unavailable. Then I tried the DVD image
and when I chose the online Fedora repository for installation, it asked me
to configure network connections and I could successfully configure the
wireless LAN adapter to connect to my network. It is then that it showed me
that my WiLan card is Intel Centrino Wireless N 1000.

During the installation as I mentioned above, it could connect using the
WiLAn card and download the packages I chose to be installed. But after the
installation, when I booted the installed system, the Wireless networking
still could not be enabled.

Did anybody else see this issue? If so, I could really use a solution to
this. Otherwise, this issue must be resolved.

P.S : During my googling I found that this problem doesn't arise in Ubuntu.
So, I tried installing Ubuntu and found that the problem does not exist in
Ubuntu. So, I guess the drivers are available, it's just a matter of
adapting them to work in Fedora.

Thanks & Regards
Anoop Kammaran