Again: Oh no, something goes wrong

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 08:38:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 08:36:24 +0200, JB (Joachim) wrote:

> After the todays morning updates having a heavy problem with gnome-sessions:
>
> Each time I touch the Activities button (screen top left), my gnome
> session dies with "Oh no, something goes wrong...". I can reproduce this!

Does ABRT catch any crash?  Even if you don't get notified about that,
try running  abrt-gui  manually to look at collected reports. [Clicking
the crash notification currently doesn't work for me.]

As what crashes, dunno. Some testers have managed to rush out the enourmous
FEDORA-2011-11915 GNOME 3.1.90 update with just a few votes prior to
letting it enter updates-testing. It has been pushed directly to stable
updates and causes additional bugs for me. Dunno where to start yet, have
had to downgrade gnome-settings-daemon to be able to log in ("Oh no, ...")
but at least ABRT has intercepted some crashes.

--
Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.1.0-0.rc4.git0.0.fc16.x86_64
loadavg: 0.89 0.43 0.29