Again: Oh no, something goes wrong

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 13:05:48 UTC 2011

> On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 08:36:24 +0200, JB (Joachim) wrote:
>

> As what crashes, dunno. Some testers have managed to rush out the
> enourmous
> FEDORA-2011-11915 GNOME 3.1.90 update with just a few votes prior to
> letting it enter updates-testing. It has been pushed directly to
> stable
> updates and causes additional bugs for me. Dunno where to start yet,
> have
> had to downgrade gnome-settings-daemon to be able to log in ("Oh no,
> ...")
> but at least ABRT has intercepted some crashes.

It has not been 'rushed out' as far as I can see. Most of parts of it have spent a week in testing, and there have been numerous revisions and changes to address issues that have been pointed out. Yes, it was a big update, but I had to get it out since 3.1.91 is already coming in.
updates-testing and bodhi are not really set up perfectly to deal with the high turnover rate pre-beta, unfortunately.