Again: Oh no, something goes wrong

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 19:05:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 16:43 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 09:05:48 -0400 (EDT), MC (Matthias) wrote:
>
> > > As what crashes, dunno. Some testers have managed to rush out the
> > > enourmous
> > > FEDORA-2011-11915 GNOME 3.1.90 update with just a few votes prior to
> > > letting it enter updates-testing. It has been pushed directly to
> > > stable
> > > updates and causes additional bugs for me. Dunno where to start yet,
> > > have
> > > had to downgrade gnome-settings-daemon to be able to log in ("Oh no,
> > > ...")
> > > but at least ABRT has intercepted some crashes.
> > >

> > It has not been 'rushed out' as far as I can see. Most of parts of it have spent a week in testing,
> >

> With broken dependencies making it impossible to install it. At least on
> x86_64. You know the game with --skip-broken causing multiarch issues.

All the packages to fix broken deps were added to the update. If you
just pull down all the packages listed in the update from Bodhi, they
install correctly.

They weren't all on mirrors because there wasn't an updates-testing
compose for several days, which is beyond the control of the GNOME
maintainers.