Release criteria: virtualization tweak

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Sep 8 01:20:20 UTC 2011

Hey, all. pjones pointed out at a recent blocker review meeting that the
Beta virt criterion:

"The release must boot successfully as a virtual guest in a situation
where the virtual host is running the same release (using Fedora's
current preferred virtualization technology)"

doesn't really imply that virtual host functionality must work; only
that _if_ virtual host functionality is working, then virtual guest
functionality must work. This was not really our intent with the
criterion, we intended to require both to work at Beta stage. So here's
a proposed improvement:

"The release must be able to self-host using Fedora's current preferred
virtualization technology: that is, the release must be able to act as a
virtual host, and must also successfully install and boot as a virtual
guest when running on a host which is also running the release"

I'm still not super happy with the wording, but I guess it's clearer.
Any better ideas?