Again: Oh no, something goes wrong

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 10:17:49 UTC 2011

On 7 September 2011 22:33, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah, come on! That's close to blanket approval for such a high number of
> packages, which require much more individual testing. To sign them off
> all with a brief comment or a simple "works for me" isn't credible.

More to the point, GNOME isn't designed to have gnome-session 3.1.4,
gnome-settings-daemon 3.1.90 and gnome-control-center 3.1.91 -- you
just can't test the components on thier own when there's so much
inter-process communication. The modules are closely coupled and not
designed to be used to tested on thier own. This is only going to get
more true as GNOME releases continue.

Richard.