gnome-tweak-tool shows no gnome-shell extensions in the current F16

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 10:23:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 18:14:03 +0200, JB (Joachim) wrote:

> I installed all available gnome-shell extensions:

[...]

> But actually, gnome-tweak-tool shows no extensions in the submenu "Shell
> extensions".
>
> Anybody sees this too?

No, a few I installed have been listed in there. ButI haven't tried to
install them all. There are a few I may have interest in, but gnome-shell
crashed stubbornly after installing

  gnome-shell-extension-cpu-temperature
  gnome-shell-extension-systemMonitor

and when testing gnome-tweak-tool's shell extension installer for
extension zip archives. The two extensions lead to many "Oh no" screens
with a suggestion to disable two already disabled extensions. I've
postponed further tests with shell extensions and have uninstalled them
again because a frequently crashing gnome-shell is too much of an
annoyance, and finding crashes of libsocialweb in abrt-gui make me scratch
my head as I can't tell whether any components crash only as a result of
core components being taken down.

--
Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.1.0-0.rc4.git0.0.fc16.x86_64
loadavg: 0.10 0.15 0.19