F16 slowness

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Thu Sep 8 17:55:46 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 18:04 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> 2) Claws Mail folder summary view reacts slowly. A normal single
> left-button mouse-click on the vertical scrollbar does not just page
> up once but several times, no matter how briefly I try to click the
> mouse button. Only way to avoid it is to really really really just tip
> the mouse button as if I'm scared to even touch it. ;)

Experienced the same thing running KDE but using evolution and the
preview window sometimes took forever to load the body of the email.
Also using radeon but thinking they may or may not be onto something in
one of the bugs in the previous reply to this subject just a bit ago.

Wonder if there is a way to upgrade just certain package(s) on an F15
system to see if have any of the same problems?  Might help with the
root cause unless just have to be totally F16.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"