Pre-BetaTC2 Installer Testing

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Fri Sep 9 00:26:05 UTC 2011

On 09/08/2011 06:16 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 17:28 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>> On 09/08/2011 01:57 PM, Tim Flink wrote:
>>> Who's ready for some pre-betaTC2 installer testing fun?
>>>
>>> I built a custom boot.iso that could use some testing and karma before
>>> we kick off the F16 Beta TC2 (hopefully later today). If you have the
>>> time, please give these a spin:
>>>
>>> http://tflink.fedorapeople.org/iso/20110908_pre-betaTC2_x64.boot.iso
>>> http://tflink.fedorapeople.org/iso/20110908_pre-betaTC2_x64.boot.iso.sha256
>>>
>>> A normal install should be enough for:
>>>    - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/anaconda-16.17-1.fc16
>>>
>>> The "save anaconda traceback to bugzilla" testcase would be good for
>>> libreport:
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_save_traceback_to_bugzilla
>>>    - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libreport-2.0.5-7.fc16
>>>
>>> EFI installs would be good to test:
>>>    - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/grub-0.97-77.fc16
>
>> GPFs with what seems to be raid issues on this one.
>
> Clyde, it's great that you test, but it's really frustrating to get such
> vague feedback: this is really no use at all. Is this a new problem? Did
> you have the same problem in TC1? What type of install were you trying?
> What's the existing partition layout? What partition layout did you
> choose for the install? thanks.

Whats frstratng is the rain we are having and the basemeng thag is
flooding and nothing I cfan do about it.

Thag said, ghis is new, nog seen before and ghe insgall was from the
boot.iso.  Got as far as the first device discovery pass and during the
pass the GPF occurred.

Just forget it happened, I have other things to do now.

--
Regards,
OldFart