tracker search tool (was: Re: New bugs in updates)

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 16:29:43 UTC 2011

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 13:13:25 +0200, me wrote:

> 6) Tracker (apart from having crashed) started to appear at the top of "top"
> with heavy CPU usage. I hope that won't go on like that.

To fight that, I've stopped the mining, then used

   yum -y install tracker-search-tool

to install two more tracker related executables. That made it possible to run

   /usr/bin/tracker-preferences

where I could turn of the indexing. Kind of stupid to index removable
media by default.

--
Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.0.1-3.fc16.x86_64
loadavg: 0.29 0.21 0.16