ABRT Retrace and F16, not supported?

Andy Lawrence dr.diesel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 11:27:39 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 3:07 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/09/2011 03:42 AM, Michal Toman wrote:
> > The server is now supporting F15 which is considered stable and at the
> > moment has a higher priority than F16. M.
>
> Ideally,  this should have been handled before Fedora 15 was released
> with that option as default.  For Fedora 15 users,  many reported that
> option just not working because the server was always too busy.    It
> needs to be a system with enough resources that is part of Fedora
> infrastructure.
>
> Rahul

Retrace has many advantages:

1.  Saves huge amounts of bandwidth.
2.  Many people won't wait the hours required to download them and just
delete the crash file.
3.  Many systems with SSDs don't have disk space necessary (I have this
problem on two of my F16 Machines)

IMO Retrace should be considered a high priority project.  This is
potentially the easiest and best way to obtain a proper backtrace when
something crashes.

Andy