Another issue with install and GPT

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sat Sep 17 18:20:04 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 04:57:44PM +0100, mike cloaked wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> >

> > What I think might have happened:
> >
> > When I got to partitioning, the USB stick was shown as /dev/sdb.  It had
> > the EFI partition on it, put there, I imagine, when Unetbootin installed
> > the netinstall.iso that I used.  Therefore, Anaconda saw that there was
> > a BIOS partition and didn't give a warning.
> >

> One thing worth checking is that when you did the install running from
> a usb stick - there has been a long standing issue that the bootloader
> may get installed on the key instead of your hard drive unless you
> check and change the bootloader section when you get to that screen in
> the install process?  That has bitten me many times - and I don't know
> if that bug has been fully squashed yet?

Hi Mike, thanks for the response.

I think that's been fixed.  I do remember previously having to change
the boot order, and make sure that it wasn't installing grub on the USB
drive, so I'm pretty sure that's not relevant in this case.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Wesley: Back, creature of the night! Leave this place!
Evil Willow: Don't wanna.
Wesley: (threatens with holy water)
Evil Willow: (sighs) Whatever.