Relevant update notification for testers {Was: Remove a package from critpath ?}

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Wed Sep 21 03:29:12 UTC 2011

I was not thinking of modifying the repository used.

I was more thinking of if is there a way for Bodhi to see a package has been
pushed to testing, and then notify a list of people who specifically have
expressed interest in the package.

That way people familiar with the various libraries and more obscure
programs can immediately see there is a need to look at the update, without
individually going through or filtering a list of 10-30+ others (or a large
RSS feed) for each Fedora release.

It looks like this might be possible through the Package Database at least
for bug reports & commits, although I don't see obvious signs that testers
take this approach, and the interface appears to be moderated.

---
SJG