Fedora 15 printing for brother hl-2140

Leslie S Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 25 22:00:04 UTC 2011

Prior to F15, I had no problem with setting up this printer. I downloaded drivers that I subsequently with yum or yumex.

Wifh F15, the printer is seen, configured, but when it comes to printing a single page (test page), all I get is a loop such that a blank page is printed until the tray is empty.  Ditto for a file.

I just installed another rpm package from the vendor, hoping that would solve the problem, which it doesn't

Any clues would be appreciated.  The printer plugs into the USB port.

Regards
 Leslie
 Mr. Leslie Satenstein
50 years in IT and going strong.
Yesterday was a good day, today is a better day,
and tomorrow will be even better.

mailto:lsatenstein at yahoo.com
alternative: leslie.satenstein at itbms.biz
www.itbms.biz