reboot after updates didn't work

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Mon Sep 26 15:43:52 UTC 2011

On 09/26/2011 10:11 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 09:55:19 -0400
> Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>
>> I have seen this before after a systemd update.  One time occurrence
>> usually.
>
> Judging from the normal messages I see on reboot, the code
> is trying to do some sort of "root pivot" to swap in a
> consistent set of files to run while killing off the
> existing running stuff (at least that's what I imagine
> from the messages :-). I guess it doesn't always work.

OK...was the problem the system would not shutdown in preparation to
reboot, or was the problem the system tried to go thru the boot(-up)
process and failed?  Either way, I have seen the former as mentioned and
the latter is due to a recent F16 systemd problem fixed with a newer
version.

--
Regards,
OldFart