Final Release Criterion for Xen DomU

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Mon Sep 26 20:31:08 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:17:38AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

 > > Anyhow, thoughts around making DomU support a final release criterion?
 >
 > I'm kinda ambivalent. I can see the 'should be fixed by install time'
 > argument but that doesn't quite count as a compelling argument for
 > making it a *blocker* issue, to me: it's a good argument for putting it
 > in the NTH principles at least, and more or less automatically
 > considering Xen issues NTH, though.
 >
 > I'm kinda short on things to take into consideration when deciding if it
 > should be a release blocking issue, really. We might want to broaden the
 > scope of this out to the devel list too, to take the temperature? It
 > does depend on at least kernel team, anaconda team, and grub2
 > maintainer, I think, being willing to prioritize work on Xen issues.

speaking from a kernel POV, Konrad and Jeremy have certainly been very
responsive to xen related kernel problems that have been reported in recent
times, so we could probably turn around any not-upstream-yet fixes that need
including pretty quickly.  How it impacts other the other teams you mention
is a harder question tbh.

But if the choice is users choosing Xen, over say VirtualBox, I'm all for it.

	Dave