F16 askmethod works

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Wed Sep 28 19:13:50 UTC 2011

I was able to do a fresh install of 64 bit F16 from a
mirror on my local network.  I've tried the same thing
a number of times previously, but this time it worked!
It is really nice to install from a 1 gbps local network
instead of slow DVD.

The previous problem with mounting NFS shares was the
lack of xinetd and the locking procs.  This time I
enabled a share with the GUI and then was able to
mount shares without problems.

At first glance it appears the Grub2 is working normally,
able to locate and boot Fedora or Win7.  Haven't had a
chance to check for loading Ubuntu, etc.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com