Noveau still unstable?

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Tue Apr 3 10:11:17 UTC 2012

I replaced a power supply and the spontaneous reboots associated
with FFMPEG have not recurred.

However, the odd behavior where Fedora decides to ignore all input
except for mouse movement persists.  When this happens, Fedora
seems to slowly grind to a catatonic state which requires a
hardware reset.  This was Monday morning with a fully updated
64 bit Fedora 17 on an 8GB Intel i5.

I was running Xfce on a GTX460SE.  WSPR was running on a deselected
workspace.  WSPR uses a sound card, serial port, and the internet.
I was browsing familiar web sites at the time.

Considering the grief Microsoft gets for BSOD it might be wise
to correct this syndrome before releasing beta.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com