[Test-Announce] Fedora 17 Beta Release Candidate 3 (RC3) Available Now!

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Wed Apr 4 23:20:36 UTC 2012

I did a pxeboot install on a 64 bit AMD machine.  It was in a
700 MB yum update when it started scrolling messages about
errors on /dev/sda.

I then did a clean install from the FC3 DVD.  The result would
not make an NFS mount and yum times out.  Ping on the local
net works normally.

Meanwhile, I have been using the Nvidia driver on my main
office machine over the last day.   Some of the time I was
using Gnome.  Most of the time was with the more productive
Xfce.   I have run the stuff I thought was associated with
problems with Noveau.  No wedges or crashes during this time.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com