F17 vs. Pentium 4

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 5 22:17:19 UTC 2012

On 2012/04/05 16:46 (GMT-0500) Michael Hennebry composed:

> My most recent attempt to install F17, used the following grub stanza:
> title Felix17
>   	find /felix17/vmlinuz
>   	pause find /felix17/vmlinuz
>   	kernel (hd0,2)/felix17/vmlinuz repo=http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/fedora/development/17/i386/os noapic noacpi nolapic
>   	pause kernel
>   	initrd (hd0,2)/felix17/initrd.img
>   	pause initrd (hd0,2)/felix17/initrd.img

> The kernel and initrd images come from
> http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/fedora/development/17/i386/os/isolinux .

> After the last pause, it reboots as if I had hit the reset button.

Seems the expected result of there being no /felix17/initrd.img or
/felix17/vmlinuz on the 3rd partition on the first BIOS HD. Do these in fact
exist? The find command should tell you where it found files by those names
in the following form:

	(hd0,1)
	(hd0,2)
	(hd0,5)

without any need for a pause command.

Similar for the kernel command (and the initrd command):

	[Linux-bzImage, setup=0x####, size=0x######]

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/