Install Fedora Button for LiveCD

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Fri Apr 6 15:30:46 UTC 2012

The discussion died off, so I'll sum it up:

* Almost everyone agreed that current situation is highly unsatisfactory.

* We have several ideas how to remedy it, which include: top bar button, notification and welcome screen.

* We have just a single implementation, which is the top bar button.

Since ideas are cheap and implementations are expensive, I'm going to try to push the current implementation to the default LiveCD desktop. If another implementation appears and is considered superior to the first one, let's replace it. But I want to have at least some solution ready for F17 Final. It might not be the best one, but it's better than having nothing at all.

I think the best approach here is to contact anaconda team and ask them to adopt the code. Ideally this would be a part of anaconda.

If you have better ideas how to proceed, please let me know.

Thanks,
Kamil