is the name ok

george2 george2 at spanmail.net
Fri Apr 6 17:24:24 UTC 2012

There is no release criterion in the Testing/QA group for the release
name.
Before millions see the latest great work from a multitude of
contributors, should this group pause to reflect if the release name
is appropriate for world wide release.  I ask your attention that the
name/ logo/ and parody may offend many and may refuse to use it.  Do
you have concerns after looking at
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=beefymiracle.git;a=shortlog;h=HEAD
and  beefymiracle . org.  The image of a hot dog in a bun (and in some
logo pictures, the use of the tag line mustard indicates progress) is
too laden with symbolism. Is there concern in this, the last group in
the process to concur with a release GO decision, that what has been
published in support of the release name will not offend women,
parents, and many who are spiritual or profess a religion?

No mater how liberal a guy I might be, this expresses a concern for
how open source might be perceived by the general public.
Even if these pictures and words were done in fun, isn't the
association now caustic.