is the name ok

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 19:37:44 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM, george2 <george2 at spanmail.net> wrote:
> There is no release criterion in the Testing/QA group for the release name.
> Before millions see the latest great work from a multitude of contributors,
> should this group pause to reflect if the release name is appropriate for
> world wide release.  I ask your attention that the name/ logo/ and parody
> may offend many and may refuse to use it.  Do you have concerns after
> looking at
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=beefymiracle.git;a=shortlog;h=HEAD and
> beefymiracle . org.  The image of a hot dog in a bun (and in some logo
> pictures, the use of the tag line mustard indicates progress) is too laden
> with symbolism. Is there concern in this, the last group in the process to
> concur with a release GO decision, that what has been published in support
> of the release name will not offend women, parents, and many who are
> spiritual or profess a religion?

This has *nothing* to do with QA. It however is a topic that the Board
has taken up. Further discussion on this topic should take place on
the advisory-board list. See
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/advisory-board/2012-March/011418.html
for a starting place for the discussion that has already taken place.

-Jon