is the name ok

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Apr 9 15:17:36 UTC 2012

On 04/09/2012 10:23 PM, Jon Stanley wrote:
> Well, Toshio raised an important point in the above-referenced thread
> on advisory-board - just a version number makes Fedora feel cold and
> distant to any new user or the press or anything like that. The
> release name is also used by the design team in coming up with the
> theme for the release.
>
> I'm personally in the "I don't care either way" camp :)

I have been on the Fedora mailing lists for *years*.   I can never recall someone
saying....

"Hi, I'm new to Fedora and I am just installed $NAME....."

I can also never recall anyone using $NAME on the mailing lists in any form.  Still
you see people write FC15 instead of F15...but not $NAME.

I feel $NAME is useless for users.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage