Proposal: stop holding composes for preupgrade bugs at Alpha and Beta phases

Dan Mashal dan.mashal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 02:18:26 UTC 2012

As I said in the meeting let's just deprecate it.

Upgrade methods as follows:

1) YUM
2) DVD

It's just an extra thing to worry about and I know I'm gunna get flamed, however I say we just do away with it or have it perform very minimal tasks so yum can do the upgrade by itself.

I remember upgrading from 11->12->13->14 by simply pointing to a new yum repo.

So maybe instead of deprecating preupgrade, just gimp it to what it needs to do so yum can do the rest.

I really believe that Yum can do this and preupgrade can be deprecated or perform less work while yum can play a bigger role (as it should).

Feel free to flame/insult/tell me I'm wrong for whatever reason, just throwing it out there and trying to make life easier.

Thanks,
Dan