Proposal: stop holding composes for preupgrade bugs at Alpha and Beta phases

Bruno Wolff III bruno at
Tue Apr 10 03:15:53 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 19:13:31 -0700,
   Adam Williamson <awilliam at> wrote:
>So, I'm proposing one of two options:
>1) Simply bump preupgrade to the Final release criteria
>2) Keep preupgrade in the Beta criteria, but treat all preupgrade issues
>- even those that are in the anaconda package - the way we currently
>treat blocker issues in livecd-tools or the preupgrade package itself:
>consider them as not blocking image compose. Rather, we require the
>maintainer to push out an update before the release date. We could put
>issues in anaconda that only affect preupgrade into the same category.

I think we want preupgrade to work for at least beta. I think just not
blocking the composes, but requiring it to work for beta is better than
waiting until final.

More information about the test mailing list