Proposal: stop holding composes for preupgrade bugs at Alpha and Beta phases

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 16:46:33 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-10 at 11:13 -0300, Horst H. von Brand wrote:

> In any case, as the preupgrade has to be installed on the _old_ system, it
> doesn't help much having it on the (pre-final) installation media. Perhaps
> a separate small repo for rolling update of preupgrade while testing?

We already treat bugs in the preupgrade package itself as several people
have suggested in this thread: they aren't considered to block spins.

However, the preupgrade process involves other packages, particularly
anaconda. For 17 Beta we've had to fix rather a lot of bugs in anaconda
which broke preupgrade. This thread is mostly concerned with that issue.