F17 vs. Pentium 4

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Apr 10 17:37:59 UTC 2012

On Mon, 9 Apr 2012, Adam Williamson wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-04-09 at 21:14 -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> On Mon, 9 Apr 2012, Adam Williamson wrote:

>> > I'm pretty sure there must be a less strange and rarely-used way of
>> > doing it that would be usable in your situation...
>>
>> If you know what it is, I'm all eyes.
>> I started by burning a minimal F16 install CD.
>> It didn't work.
>> So far anything involving F16 or F17 has crashed my system.
>
> If it's that bad, then I'm not at all sure F16 or F17 would work if you
> somehow bypassed the regular installation method...

I've been told that a kernel bug broke my motherboard for the F16 install.
An install mechanism that uses a recent kernel should to the trick.
Preupdate might be one, but I need a disposable place from which to start.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily