serious Python-2.7.2-12.x86_64 crash...

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Wed Apr 11 08:08:52 UTC 2012

On 11/04/12 08:58, Rob Healey wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> Major crash!  Please fix before releasing Fedora 17....
>
> Here is what I received on my terminal window regarding this crash...
>
> [Frog at FartingSalmon gep-026]$ pysetup run sdist
> running sdist
> running check
would you mind and provide some more info, please? You even should think
about a bug report in bugzilla (hint!).

Are you reporting against python?

[mrunge at mrungexp ~]$ rpm -ql python
/usr/bin/pydoc
/usr/bin/python
/usr/bin/python2
/usr/bin/python2.7
/usr/share/doc/python-2.7.2
/usr/share/doc/python-2.7.2/LICENSE
/usr/share/doc/python-2.7.2/README
/usr/share/man/man1/python2.7.1.gz

I can't see there any file called pysetup. More digging:
[mrunge at mrungexp ~]$ yum provides "*/pysetup"
Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, fastestmirror, langpacks, presto,
              : refresh-packagekit
Determining fastest mirrors
fedora/metalink                                          |  31 kB
[...]
No Matches found

Where did you get that binary? You should report an error against that.

--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>
               <mrunge at fedoraproject.org>