F17 vs. Pentium 4

mwesten mwesten at verizon.net
Fri Apr 13 01:44:07 UTC 2012

On 04/12/2012 07:12 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> No selinux message, but
>> Still no go.
>> I took some pictures of the "Details" message,
>> but the three are >60KB a piece after processing, >2MB before.
>> Should I send them to the list?
>
> I put them on http://web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~hennebry/new16-[123].png
>
>> After clicking on exit, I saw four copies of the following
>> message at the bottom before I had to push reset.
>> Error: cannot open Packages database in /mnt/sysimage/var/lib/rpm .

I see, the installer is finding what it needs alright, but just can't
complete.  Isn't that what the netinstall did to you too?

I'm not getting anything at that URL, and I probably won't have a way
around whatever it is, either.

Of course, you could give F17 Beta a shot.  At this point, however, I
would really only recommend using optical media or a LiveUSB for that.

-Mike