Audio error while playing audio with mplayer in konsole in F17

stan gryt2 at q.com
Fri Apr 13 16:53:33 UTC 2012

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 07:55:18 -0500
Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:

> stan wrote:
>
> > I keep getting the error,
> > Audio device got stuck!
> > when playing audio in konsole using mplayer in F17.  The sound
> > continues playing, but I think I hear a slight sound like brushing a
> > microphone when this occurs.  It happens fairly frequently,
> > sometimes several times within a few seconds, and sometimes it
> > takes a minute.
> >
> > I'm not sure whether it is mplayer, alsa, or pulseaudio causing the
> > problem.  Anyone have insight on this?
>
> See if it's reproducible in players other than mplayer.  If not,
> mplayer is to blame, else it's most likely something in the audio
> stack (one usual culprit is audio driver).

It's mplayer.  I ran a search in the source and found the string.
Seems to be timing out while trying to write audio, and the comment
seems to imply that this is a synchronization issue.  Since it only
started recently, I think it isn't.

There is no problem with the version in Fedora, it works properly.  I'm
using the subversion repository to build, so this is a regression there.